Winter Energy-Saving Tips for Small Businesses
Did you know that as the season changes and the sun sets earlier in the day, there may be less renewable energy on the grid? This can result in your business relying more on electricity which can lead to changes in your energy bill. If you’d like to stay in control of your energy use, SDG&E has a few timely tips that can help you start saving now.
1. Upgrade your lighting. Using LED lighting could help your business save year-round.
2. Weatherize your business. Weather strip and caulk drafty doors and windows to keep in the heat when you need it most.
3. Use an advanced power strip. Electronics such as smart TVs, laptops or cable boxes use energy even when they are turned off. Using a smart power strip can help cut off power to devices even when they are on standby mode.
4. Change air filters regularly. Replacing dirty air filters can increase the airflow throughout your HVAC system, helping it run more efficiently.
5. Control your thermostat. Smart thermostats can be adjusted remotely to run energy-efficient schedules. If you join SDG&E’s Smart Thermostat program, you’ll receive $50 per registered thermostat with a max of four thermostats for business and two for your home. Get details on sdge.com/MyBusiness.
It’s always a good idea to prepare. Get ahead of your energy usage and implement energy-savings tips for your business today. Visit sdge.com/MyBusiness for winter energy-saving ideas.